Monday, June 2, 2014

summer time!! (finally.)

This is probably the worst I have been at blogging. Just so much going on lately. YES we are still in Kentucky...everyone keeps wanting to know since everyone else has left for the most part. I'm still loving my job at Trader Joes and Allen still loves his job too. We do, however, miss our families very very much. We were actually down in SC for the first time since Christmas (yes, i am aware this is too long to be away!!), and it was awesome to see our families and friends. We got to witness Colt and Lindsey get married, and Allen was the "officiant"....and he did GREAT!!! I was so proud!! :) The kiddos played water guns with my grandma, which was a sight for sore eyes. She was running around with them like she was a kid herself!! So funny. They spent some time running from the geese that have overtaken my parents' backyard as of late, and they also got to play with the ever popular Molly. They had a blast with the grandparents and we had a blast with everyone that we saw as well. Definitely makes me miss home.

I go back and forth constantly. Some times are worse than others. Right now in life we are in this very weird place of being comfortable where we are at right now (in Lexington). It has taken forever to finally FINALLY get to this point in life, but we are here. We love what we do, Judah will be going to the best school around, the church is finally getting back on its feet.We COULD live here forever. BUT we are missing one very important part of our lives: our family. And we are stuck between a rock and a hard place because of this level of comfort. We definitely are not living high and mighty or anything like that, but if we move, we don't want to have to start over like we did when we moved up here. Allen has some health issues that could potentially prevent him from getting the type of job he has now. And plus, he really wants to do what has been in his heart forever: ministry. My situation is a little different in the way that I could transfer to another store (a plus), but would I be able to support the whole family on just my salary until Allen could do what he wanted? I'd ideally like to become a mate at Trader Joe's. A possibility that is not too far off. And coincidentally has a position open in Greenville. Go figure. But do we wait it out and take the chance of it being too late? Or do we just move? Or do we even go back home? Heck if I know. I know what our families would say :) And i miss all of them so much. I think we really just want to make the right decision in the right timing. (And right now i feel like unless God shouts at us from the sky to go, we should stay put). But then again, maybe we should take another risk. Either way, I know that wherever we go next is where we are staying. I'm not moving ever ever again. At least not until I'm old.

We will be going back to visit on Friday. First to Charleston, then back to Greer to see everyone. I can't wait. And yes, Allen already told me that he's going to do his best to convince me to move back while we are down there. I promise I don't need convincing. Just want to be smart in our decisions and the timing of them. I'll be honest, I'm not giving it more than 3 more years. I remember moving when i was little. The years that it didn't matter, and then the age when I really didn't want to leave. So I'm not going past the third grade for Judah. After that, I'm done. DONE.

Here's a few new pics:





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home