Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 18


Day 18--my wedding day


July 22, 2006

Oh, wow...it's been four years!! that's crazy!! i doesn't seem like it was that long ago, and i remember everything! i remember i stayed up SOOO late the night before changing my vows (we wrote our own and i was so nervous to talk in front of people)...but i woke up feeling like i'd had a full night's sleep. it was rainy looking outside, so of course i was FREAKING OUT! i went to publix (i lived there practically), got a donut, then left to get my hair and makeup done. went to the mansion where we were getting married and then got ready from there. i don't remember anything until i was getting ready to meet up with my dad and walk down the aisle to see allen. i remember i was so scared (not cause i didn't wanna marry allen, i was just nervous b/c all the people would be looking at me!! yikes!!). when i got to the people i remember certain faces..brittany sinde, joy espinosa, my papa, allen's mom..and then i saw my hott husband. he looked so handsome. and yes, as i was walking up the stairs, i almost tripped. we had decided to do our own vows, so i wasn't 'up' on wedding etiquette...so basically i stuck mine in my top. well, pastor lee tells us its time for the vows, so allen does his (which by the way, were so cute because he thought he'd be fine and say lots, and he told me he loved me and then cried....so cute!!)...then it comes time for me to do mine. so what do i do?? i just pull them out of my top, not thinking that it was weird or anything. well, let me just say it broke the awkward silence that weddings tend to have. everyone was laughing and it was great. i was a blubbering mess, but i got through the vows. we had so much fun at our reception. allen took off my garter to the song "like a virgin" by madonna. i don't think anyone will forget that. it was pretty funny too! after we left, we came back to get our stuff for our pre honeymoon trip and had to kick allen's groomsmen out of our house ;) and then we went to our little cottage for the weekend. i wouldn't change a thing about our wedding. it was awesome getting to marry my hunny. i would do it all over again!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home