Friday, September 3, 2010

i'm joining the rest of the blogworld..




Yes, I have broken down and am going to do this blog that everyone else is doing. More because I have nothing exciting going on in my life, so i need to blog about SOMETHING! :) so, here goes...


Day 1-Favorite Song

Well, this is HARD! i have so many favorite songs. honestly i don't remember learning to appreciate music until i was in middle/high school. my parents NEVER listened to the radio, and I would only listen when i visited my grandparents a few times a year, and that was only country music! but as far back as i can remember i will give a play by play of the songs i remember/liked....

elementary school--Alan Jackson and Kenny Chesney (like i said, i listened to NOTHING but country music!)..yes, sad and pathetic...and Alan Jackson?????? i don't know...that IS sad....

middle school--in sixth grade i remember HANSON..ohhhhh those were the days...and yes, i still like "MmmmBop"...then there were the Spice Girls "if you wanna be my lover"....Goo Goo dolls, "iris", TLC "no scrubs"......and then there was Britney spears.....i liked her then, and yes, i still like her (minus those few years she went nutso)...but every time i hear "baby, one more time" i think about all the girls in middle school being obsessed with her...good times..

high school--I don't even know..dave matthews, john mayer, the occasional country music. i know i LOVED coldplay (and still do!)...i listened to so much it's hard to remember what songs happened when....

and lately i listen to a little bit of everything. sometimes i like hearing those songs from when i was younger. it just seems like yesterday i was in 7th grade, so yes, i guess i'm classified as an "old lady" now, trying to reminisce on my childhood, liking all those "oldie" bands that kids would laugh at now....

so all that to say, i can't put my finger on one song that was my favorite, but more just memories of music. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home