Sunday, February 12, 2012

to my judahbug.

Dear Judahbug,

Have I told you lately just HOW much i love you???? i know i say it every day, but it is so true. You are one of the best blessings i have ever been able to have. And now you are a big boy. You just turned three on Friday, and i can hardly believe it. It was just like yesterday I remember not being able to sleep at night because all I could feel in my belly was your big hiccups..every night near the end it would happen. And you liked limeade (like mommy)...it didn't help that mommy drank GALLONS of it from about 35 weeks on. :) no wonder you're so hyper these days. You have grown up so much, little man. You have boundless amounts of energy..you hate naptime...and you ask daddy all the time to tell you when he's done eating so that you can play with him. You are so full of life and i love it. I know there's times when i just want to pull my hair out because of all the energy, but every night before i fall asleep, i thank God for you, even that crazy energy you have. Even when you know that i'm frustrated, you'll still come up to me and give me a big hug for no reason at all. You just like to remind me that you're there for me. It makes my heart melt. every. time. You are such an awesome big brother...you love to watch out for your little sis, Mikaela, and you are always giving her hugs and kisses. I know one day you'll be even more protective of her (and i'm pretty sure your daddy will be okay with that). You love to play with her toys and also "tell on her"--not that there's much to tattle on, but it's funny to watch anyways..

You ask me alot about Jesus and heaven, and as much as i'm fascinated how your little mind can even fathom what big things like "Jesus" and "heaven" are, it is so encouraging to know that God is already working in your life at such a young age. I hope you always listen to Him. Lastnight you told me that you dreamed about Jesus, and it just boggles my mind. So awesome...

All of that to say, I can't wait to see how you grow over the next year, three years, five years. I look back at your baby pictures, and i'm like "where has my baby boy gone to???"--but i realize that you are growing up, and developing your own identity. My only wish for you is that you look to God first and everything else will fall into place. I'm so excited to watch you grow and learn.

I love you, little man, and you are such a sweet blessing. Happy late birthday my dear.

Love,
mommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home