Sunday, August 7, 2011

life is good..

so, right now i've got my brand new little girl snoozing on my chest, judah went to bed without a fuss....it makes me one happy mama..it's definitely been an adjustment with two kiddos instead of one, but judah has done remarkably well. he LOVES mikaela! always wants to help with her and doesn't seem to get too jealous..sometimes he wants time with mommy, and now i can give it to him (since i'm not an open stomach wound anymore). i've been picking him up here and there, not too much b/c i wanna heal correctly, but i do have to give my baby boy some love! :) i can't believe how big he is now...he's such a big boy, very polite most of the time, temper tantrums some of the time, always lovin' on mommy and daddy. He had so much fun with all of his grandparents when they were all here..he loves molly and even fell asleep in her dog bed at the hotel (i'm glad she's like the cleanest dog in the universe!! haha)..he went swimming with his papa and apparently has NO fear of jumping into the pool..kinda scares me a little, but he is growing up and learning to be independent.

mikaela, on the other hand, has been growing and growing..her lowest weight was 7lbs. 11.5 oz, but when we went to her 2 week appointment on Friday, she was back up to her birth weight and a half an inch longer. and her jaundice was pretty much gone, so i'm happy! she has been sleeping pretty well at night. allen and I don't go to bed early, so her "bedtime" is around 11:30pm..she'll sleep anywhere from 3 to 5..which is GREAT! she'll stay up for 30 to 45 min. to eat and then go back to sleep till 7 or 8am. i am so lucky! judah was the same way when he was an infant, so i'm super thankful that i don't have a baby who has to be up every 2 hours to eat and then takes an hour to eat each time..i would go crazy! God must want me to keep some of my sanity..He watches out for me even in the smallest ways ;)

as far as my husbando goes, he's still up to his old tricks, giving me a hard time every day about some random thing, all while being the best husband in the world. i really don't know what i would do without him! he is such a great guy and i'm so glad i got him for my own..

so i can confidently say that my life is awesome right now :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home